Sunday 18 November 2012

Quick & Easy


Hello

Back to sheets bought from www.craftsuprint.com only because they make quick and easy cards and if you have a lot to make they are perfect!

Its just one sheet to print and the cutting out is easy enough usually but then with a little decorating they look WOW

So this sheet was designed by one of my all time favourite designers Janet Briggs and the item number is 358682_68

So materials for this card I used ….

Heat mat to work on and protect your surface – I always use it...

Black A4 card

Decoupage sheet

Silver straight line peel offs

Silver snowflake peel offs

Glamour dust

Cosmic Shimmer PVA glue

Double sided tape

Sticky pads

Eazi Score Board & tool

Tonic 8” guillotine

Scissors

Tweezers

Shaping tool from www.dimensionstamps.com

Foam shaping mat – stamping mat or even a mouse mat

To make the card ...

I used the eazi score board to score the A4 black card on line 7 then folded over and ran the bone folder over the fold to sharpen the crease.

I cut out the base layer and added double sided tape to the back – removed the backing from the tape and after lining it up on the card front with the eye I fixed the sheet in place!

Before I started adding the decoupage I used the silver straight line peel offs to edge the whole card and then used the small snowflake peel offs to fill in the big spaces.

Now I can start on the decoupage

I cut all the pieces out and stuck tiny sticky pads all over the back of the pieces, removed the waste and then laid each piece of decoupage down.

I did run the top pieces between my thumb and the scissor blade to slightly curve the piece then added sticky pads and positioned on the card.

To decorate I kept it simple – the Cosmic Shimmer PVA glue was added to the fur trim around the hat and coat not forgetting the pompom – once it was all dry I added a little more diluted pva glue and again covered with glitter to give a good thick chunky looking fur trim....

A touch of red glitter was put on the berries and glossy accents to the nose and Robins...

As I said at the start this type of card is as quick and as easy as you want it to be – you could mat and layer it onto a mirri card – or backing paper – add ribbons, gems, bows – the list is endless.

Or do as I have done here – keep it simple...

What do you think to it??

See you next time....

x

No comments:

Post a Comment