Thursday 29 November 2012

Santa's BIG Helper


Hi – its me again!!!

No real disasters here in Angie's craft room today I am pleased to tell you...

And we did get Guyus back – hubby was back to the tree where he left him last night – at around 6am and yep he was still there – sleeping, lucky for some – its amazing how losing a bird affects your sleep – poor hubby was tossing and turning all night and the relief when he came home with the bird was clear to see

Guyus actually flew from the tree he had slept in and landing on a rooftop at the top of our Garth – but then a flock of birds swooped so he flew across the road which so happens to be our local nature reserve so full of trees and bushes...

His mate Steve went over to him with some binoculars and they spotted the bird near the fishing pond so shot over there – its around ¼ mile from our house – armed with glove and food and as they hoped Guyus was hungry so when he saw the food he flew to the glove for it – PHEW!!!!

Back to card making....

Ann loved the card I shared with you all last night – her hubby delivered my avon this evening so went away with the cards and I had lots of praise and thanks – and more orders for unusual cards!

So this is the 2nd of the cards ordered by Ann – she told me it was for her dog walking friend who has a big black lab type dog

So I searched my folders and came across the sheet – it may have even being a craftsuprint sheet

But it was far from festive...

in fact I thought it was extremely dull!

So I started by cutting out the pyramage and building it with large sticky pads, then matted it to a piece of gold mirri card

I had a sheet of blue snowflake backing paper in my christmas crafts box – so where it was from is anyone's guess as some of it could be up to 7 years old!

The paper was stuck to a lovely silver grey sparkle card blank leaving a narrow border then the matted image was stuck to it – I worked it so the matted image was just below the top row of snowflakes

I used a scrap of blue pearl card and stuck on a large gold peel off sentiment and rounded the corners before positioning just under the 1st layer of pyramage

And also on the scrap of blue I added white peel off letters to spell EMILY & CO – this was added to the bottom of the card.

I came across a few green and gold holographic christmas tree peel offs so stuck one to either side of the main image

A clear and gold glittered sentiment “Santa's Little Helper” was stuck above the 1st layer of the pyramage and I crossed out the LITTLE with a gold pen and wrote BIG above it!

Almost finished now – I took 2 odd die cut gold baubles and threaded a short piece of ribbon through the hanging loop securing it around about 2cms up with double sided tape

The other end of the ribbon went over the top of the card and was secured with double sided tape then a piece of clear cellotape, I had the ribbons at different lengths.

Lastly I sprayed the card front with Crafters Companion Spray & Sparkle but didn't do the baubles – then going back to my disasters yesterday – I – without thinking – put the baubles on my lap and sprayed – removed the baubles and hey ho I have the bauble outlines glittered to my craft trousers!!!!

Well that's it – got writers cramp with waffling on so much – sorry folks – I get carried away

See you all tomorrow I hope

Bye for now

x

No comments:

Post a Comment