Saturday 14 September 2013

Anniversary Bunnies


Hello
I thought I should take a few minutes to share a card that I made as an order a while ago
I was simply asked for a cute wedding anniversary card and instantly thought of this image
I used the lovely Holly Pond Hill by Joanna Sheen for the images...normally I do decoupage for everything so not really inside that comfort zone just using a topper but I think it worked ok this time.

I started with an 8x8 card blank, I covered it with a sheet of backing paper that matched the topper it was a lovely peach colour and had the same topper printed as a thumbnail in the bottom right hand corner.
I matted the main image onto matt silver mirri card, then on to a pale blue card that was left wider to the right hand side so I could use my Martha Stewart multi heart border punch, then added a length of sparkly blue with silver edge ribbon between the punched edge and the topper.
This panel was then matted onto a piece of dark blue card which worked really well behind the heart border.
I used a sheet of white pearlescent card and embossed it with an embossing folder from Crafters Companion
I cut the embossed card into a square to fit at an angle on the card front, punched each corner with the heart punch that matched the border I had used and stuck this at an angle which left the design at the bottom right corner clear...
The mat and layered topper was then stuck in place – I decided to stick it straight as this worked well with the backing and embossing.
To finish I added the white hearts that were left from the punched corners to the blue sparkle ribbon and printed out a personalised Happy Anniversary greeting that I matted and layered then placed in the top left of the card!
As I had a little paper left and had printed the bookmark together with a personal message on the back, as in their names and wedding anniversary date, I made up the bookmark and also made a small folder for it to slot into, decorated it with the hearts and ribbons in the corner of the bookmark.
An insert was added to finish – and the card was well received!
Thank you for popping in

No comments:

Post a Comment