Thursday 1 January 2015

Winter Walk - Brrr its cold!


Happy New Year

I wish you all the very best of health and wealth for 2015.

Today I have a card that I made for the CD Sunday Challenge Blog
The theme is Winter Walk

And so this is my take on it, I used a lovely cd by Creative Crafting World called Pollyanna Pickering’s Snow & Ice

There are so many images on this cd that would fit the theme but I settled for some Penguins which I thought were so cute, the sheet was interactive so I typed in my message and printed – but the message didn’t print so I tried again, this time I tried saving then printing but still no sentiment so I ended up writing it in which may well have spoilt the card as my hand writing isn’t the neatest.

I folded my A4 white card in half to make my A5 card then used some lovely lilac card that had silver chunks embedded in it, I covered the card front then used a sheet of paper from the cd, I liked this as it had a printed snowflake in the bottom corner.
The image was trimmed and matted onto silver mirri card then the same lilac card used on the card.
The matted image was placed at the top of the card as I wanted to leave as much of the printed snowflake on show as possible.
Next I cut a length of border from the sheet and matted that onto silver mirri card leaving a border at the top and bottom but not at the ends. This was stuck across the card below the image and only covering a little of the backing paper

Then I wrote “Ok...I’ll be the 1st to do the icy Winter Walk...” and matted it onto silver mirri and an off cut of the lilac card then stuck this in the centre of the border.
To finish the card I die cut several different Marianne snowflakes using silver mirri card and stuck them in the top corner of the image and a smaller one at the bottom right of the topper.
Large ab clear gems were stuck in the snowflake centres and then I used 2 different colours of Stickles to add sparkle to the tint island as well and where the main penguins were stood.

I also printed the matching insert and although I tried using the interactive again for a verse it didn’t work so I gave up and used a lovely sentiment stamp by Inkilicious

And that is my card finished.
If you would like this card please just comment and say yes to card and I will put all names in the hat and send to the winner

Love and hugs to you all
Angie
xxx

6 comments:

  1. Love the image Angie. Those penguins look like they are holding hands to steady themselves for their walk.....made me smile. Happy New Year from CD Sunday and it's good to see you blogging again. Wynn DT

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a clever idea to go with our theme this time. Lovely card, those images are beautiful.
    Thanks for sharing with us at CD Sunday this time.
    Jenny x
    CD Sunday DT

    ReplyDelete
  3. how cute are they, lovely card Angie and a great layout .
    Thanks for joining us at CD Sunday
    sue-b DT xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad to see you joining us again. Love penguins and they certainly have a Winter walk of their own.
    Thank you for joining in with us and may I wish you a Happy and better New year.
    Carol
    xx
    CD Sunday DT

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy New Year to you.
    That is a lovely interpretation of a winter walk.
    Jocelyn x
    CD Sunday DT

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great card - and good to see I'm not the only person who's been having stress with their CDs this week!

    ReplyDelete