Sunday 18 January 2015

Cup Of Sweet Pea's


Good morning from a sunny but bitterly cold New Holland

Last night I was searching the computer for something and came across a folder that I didn’t recognise so clicked to open and found all the mega kits I had bought. Cannot believe I forgot about them and hadn’t even made some of the sets up.

The mega set I decided to start with is Birth flower Cradle teacup and spoon...so 12 yummy floral teacup kits to use.
The kits are designed by Anni Arts and were purchased from www.theprintablecraftshop.com and even at full price these mega bundles are amazing value.
 
I randomly chose a month and printed out just 2 sheets, there is a matching envelope for every kit but for now I am not in need of it.
I quickly cut around the teacup front, spoon and the cup back then sprayed the back and stuck to an A4 sheet of 300gsm white card then carefully cut out all the pieces.

On the card back inside I stamped a simple verse and I felt the outside back looked a little too plain so I printed off a sheet of white with black circle backing paper from a folder of backing papers I have made or found. I sprayed the card back and then stuck to the backing paper and cut out.
The sweet peas in the teacup had lots of stringy tendrils which I didn’t even attempt to cut out, I simply cut them off with thoughts of using some florist ribbon, I did try it but wasn’t pleased with it so left the flowers as they were. After cutting out the hole in the teacup handle I used a black promarker as I struggled to get all the white removed in one or two places and the pen covered it so nobody will ever know. 

Once the cup and saucer was all cut out I used a craft knife to make a slit in the rim of the saucer so the spoon could rest in it and the handle rests on the opposite side of the saucer. I stuck a large ab clear gem on the spoon handle.

I also cut a slit in the rim of the teacup and slipped in a bouquet label securing the point inside the card with a small piece of sticky tape.


The sheets offer so many little things to use on the card, pretty bows in several colours, some plain and some with gems, tags and labels etc and a lovely teabag which I cut out and scored then made up, punched a tiny hole in the back and slotted in a short piece of thin red string (would have liked white but this was all I could find) and to finish on the front I stuck a gem to match the one on the teaspoon.

And that completed the pretty teacup and saucer with matching teabag.

I love this so much I have printed out the whole year, the art work is amazing, and the flowers are so life like.

I am lucky to have a printer that prints perfect every time and some of the sheets actually look as though they are real flowers. My printer is an Epson and I have a CISS fitted for the inks, I use 128gsm Matt photo paper and always use Text & Image and Matt Photo Paper settings!!

Right better crack on with some cards – I need to try keep my mind active as the horrendous pains in my chest and back have started up again with a vengeance, if I stop for too long I will sit and cry with the pain. Card making is a great tonic for all manner of illness, well in my opinion it is.

See you again tomorrow with something new...I hope!

Hugs
Angie
xxx

1 comment: