Wednesday 28 January 2015

Sail Away...


Good evening again friends

Yesterday I was home alone from luchtime to midnight and I made full use of my time, I made up 4 cards in all and from that made up kits of the classes...I love being ahead instead of running round getting stressed the day before a class.

I believe this plate is part of the Mega Bundles from www.theprintable-craftshop.com
The bundle has 10 different plates to work with, I decided that I would do a man’s card so chose Sail Boat

The kit comprises of 3 main sheets and 2 more that make up the matching envelope, I haven’t done the envelope with this plate, or not as yet anyway.


So to start with I trimmed all the circles and plate stand, then sprayed the back of the main image and back plate with Crafters Companion Stick and Stay and secured to a sheet of white 300gsm card, I did the same with the stand, then I started cutting them all out properly.


I stuck the front and back pieces together then really struggled to cut out the small inner sections as the card was like layers not pressed, but I managed in the end. I found the kit very generous with the elements so chose to just use one of circles and number 1 decoupage – so I can make up another card and use a die to cut a plate stand. I used Pinflair gel to hold the circle of decoupage and sticky pads to add the decoupage.


Once the stand was cut out I wasn’t happy with the plain back so I used a sheet of paper I found a few nights ago when I was searching my pc for travel themed sheets and kits...it was perfect as it relates to holidays and travel, so that was the back of the stand sorted.


I used a brown pro marker to run along all the edges of the plate and stand to finish it off, I had managed to trim off some of the border lines so a pro marker is a great way to rectify it!

I lived the plate so much I printed out another which is all ready for putting together – this one is all cakes, yummy!!

Hope you like the card and if you get a minute pop over to the Printable Craft Shop for a nosey – just allow a couple of hours though!

See you again tomorrow
Keep warm especially if you are expecting the heavy snow – luckily we miss it.
Hugs
Angie
x

No comments:

Post a Comment