Saturday 3 January 2015

New Home


Good Morning

Today it’s my Birthday and I have received some amazing handmade cards from friends, when they come down I will take some photo’s and share on here as you may well get some ideas from them.

Today’s cards is a New Home card that I finally finished putting together yesterday, it’s for my best friend’s daughter who moved from a flat into a lovely 2 bedroom house in the next village.

The sheet was bought from www.craftsuprint.com but sorry I cannot remember who made the sheet.


I printed the sheet and cut out the base image, this was trimmed to 7”x7” I folded my 16”x7” in half then trimmed the edges more to tidy them up.

I then used Tim Holtz distress ink pad in Spruce to colour the edges of the card – and although I didn’t take a photo, the back was coloured lightly too.

The base image was stuck to the card using red double sided tape and Cosmic Shimmer pva as tape alone doesn’t tend to stick to card that has been coloured with inks. 

There wasn’t a great deal of decoupage to do, just the 3 owls really so after cutting out the elements I used small sticky pads to build up the card.

Once that was done I used Ice Stickles in Silver Ice for the bees wings and centre of the flowers then Ice Stickles Strawberry Ice was used thickly on the main owl to make her pop out.

And that my friends was my card for today....what will I do for tomorrow, who knows, but if you pop in you will find out what it is and how I made it!!!

See you all tomorrow

Love n hugs
Angie
x

2 comments:

  1. Love it love it love it and Im sure she will too xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is lovely Angie. I love the colour combo. xx

    ReplyDelete