Friday 16 January 2015

Do Not Disturb


Hi...

Today I am showing you the last of the 3 Jumbos I made for a friend..

This jumbo is perfect for my friend, I will explain more once I have told you about it and what I used.

As with the other 2 I used a piece of mount board that measures 9.5cm x 14.5cm, I trimmed a piece of 300gsm white card to leave a very narrow all round border, punched the corners using the “lip” punch then coloured the edge with a lilac pro marker 

Using a stamp set from the Nina Crafts monthly project kit – if you are interested in this kit it is from September 2014 – issue 85. Or for the project club simply click here http://www.ninacrafts.com/aboutus.sc

Back to the jumbo then....I stamped the lady enjoying a bubble bath using Memento Sweet Plum ink direct to the mat I had made, I stamped it 2 more times on left over card as I cut out elements in order to decoupage the image.
I used pro markers to colour everything then realised I could have only done here and there as I also coloured the decoupage pieces but never mind, my colouring is dreadful so I really need to spend some time and get some practice in....

Once it was all coloured and cut out I used Pinflair gel to add the decoupage elements, this gel allows the elements to be moved around to line up if need be.
 
I then had to wait about an hour for the gel to start going off – then I used Cosmic Shimmer pva and completely covered the “soapy suds” left it a couple of minutes then covered with Stampendous Frantage Silver Halo mix glitter, left it for another couple of minutes then gently tapped the edge of the card so all the excess glitter fell away.
This glitter is brilliant for things were a good sparkly coverage is needed, it’s much dearer than glitter in general but I use it mainly on special cards or when an area needs lots of sparkle.
When I stamped the image to the white card it also had 3 “bubbles” so I used pva and 3 clear ab flat back gems that 3 different sizes, you will see where some of the excess glitter being tapped away found a sticky spot around the smallest bubble, I did try to remove the glitter with a paint brush but it wasn’t having any of it!!

The sentiment Do Not Disturb was stamped onto white card and I used glitter pens to colour the frame and star, next adding my favourite ab gems, cannot recall the name but they are like an antique gold, they were stuck either side of the swirls.

Once the main image was finished there was little room for any sentiment never mind this big one so I cut 2 strips of medium weight acetate about 0.5 wide and 8cm long, added a piece of red double sided tape approx 1cm to one end and secured it behind the white topper panel, did the same with the 2nd piece, used a bone folder to gently curve the acetate then added double side tape approx 1cm to the ends and stuck to the top and back of the sentiment so it hung in mid air.

All that remained was to stick the topper to the mount board jumbo...

And on to the story of why this was perfect for my friend...every day around 6pm she would run herself a bubble bath grab a book and head off to relax – just like the topper, and within 10 minutes one of her 4 children would wander into the bathroom to talk to mum...but as time went on it wasn’t just her children but also my 2 girls or even friends of her children...it was very rare if she had a bath uninterrupted, and more often than not didn’t get to read more than a handful of pages.

That is why the whole jumbo was perfect!
See you again tomorrow, but its back to cards again...
Hugs
Angie
x

No comments:

Post a Comment