Saturday 28 April 2012

A Vintage Feel


Bet you're pleased to see me back at a reasonable time today – I prefer to get my card shared around this time

I have had a day of play – just as I wanted...but not sure I made good use of my time...

I have made a few cards using the free sheet of stamps that came in issue 4 of Creative Stamping magazine

Maybe I should re phrase that – I have part made a few cards as they all need that finishing touch...


Like this card – I want a piece of Hessian or something similar – but it looks ok to share anyway!

So I used a sheet of Kraft card – I bought a pack of 12x12 Kraft card when it was mega popular not so long ago – and as I generally seem to do, I put it away without looking at it...so today I thought I would make up of it – and found it was plain on one side and the other was ruled, filed and squared! But never mind, it makes an interesting inside and the insert covers most of it anyway.

So I cut the card to make my card blank measuring approx 7” x 5” .

Another set of 12x12 card I bought and put away came out too – it was the Black Magic core-dinations card – the sheet I used was black with a blue core...


I cut a piece to fit the cuttlebug and used a Creative Expressions Watches mask to emboss with....once it was embossed I used a Tim Holtz sanding block to rub off the surface of the black exposing the antique blue core of the card.

This was then cut down to fit on the card front leaving a narrow border all around the card.

I used a scrap of the kraft card and punched a border using the Martha Stewart Optic Dot border punch....this panel was stuck to the right hand side of the card....


I used a scrap of the core-dinations card and sanded the edges – this was then stuck on the punched panel.

To the stamping – a scrap of white card was used for stamping – I used a lovely vintage car stamp, the put a few sprinkles of mica powder into a spray bottle, added a little water and shook well before spraying the stamped card...then blasted with a heat gun to dry and finally dipped a brush into a grey mica powder and dabbed it over the stamped image, tapping to remove the excess, I then sprayed the cheap hair spray up in the air and let it drop onto the stamped card to seal the mica powder.

I used a scrap of the kraft card – cut it slightly bigger than the stamped card, ran my Cosmic Shimmer PVA around the edges and then dipped into a tub of gilding flakes! Brushed the excess back into the tun and buffed with the sponge.


After using a fine line pen to create a faux stitched border around the stamped image I stuck this to the kraft card then to my card in the bottom left hand corner.

Did much the same but using Happy Birthday and attached to the top right hand corner – I didn't use the gilded flake border on this panel though


The magazine showed a piece of Hessian with the edges frayed – it was positioned just above the stamped car and I really think it will fit in well with my style of card....so if you see it in my room please yell out as I have searched and searched!!!

That's it then... a very quick and easy stamped card featuring gilding flakes, mica powder, masks, core-dinations card and faux stitching!

See you next time....x

No comments:

Post a Comment