Wednesday 25 April 2012

Better With Hugs


Good evening folks

Well have to say the rain that was forecast was here with a vengeance...but then it stopped as quick as it started and it looked to brighten up even if just for a short time!

Anyway let's forget the weather and talk cards...

I got a mega bundle of kits by Paper Creator – it was an offer through an email – so as it was too good to miss it was bought – even though the preview didnt really give too much away

Once downloaded and unzipped I whooped with joy and rushed off to get the photo paper...

So you can expect to see quite a few of these in the coming weeks – I will spread them out so as not to bore you all!

Today's card I've called Hugs – as that is from part of the printed text on the front of the card.


The kit needs 3 sheets printing, one has the back and front, another has the 2 inserts and then a sheet of decoupage, there is also a sheet of backing paper but personally I decided I could live without that!

Back to the card then....I cut down a pink A5 card to a 6” square and used a pretty corner punch on all 4 corners.

I cut out the base images and positioned the layer with text on the front of my card leaving a border all round – then the other on the back of the card.


After cutting out the inserts I added the printed one – I added my own sentiment before printing – to the right hand side and the plain panel to the left side.
Next it was time to cut up the decoupage – this particular kit had a few tricky bits to cut out but it wasn't really a problem – and once cut out and placed on the card with small sticky pads it was worth taking time over.



Now to the decorations....I used a Sakura quickie glue pen to highlight the pink swirls that were printed across the top left of the front then sprinkled with Debbi Moore Shabby Chic pink glitter....

I used the quickie glue pen on the socks, lace of her trousers and stripes on the parcel then sprinkled with iridescent glamour dust.


Using Cosmic Shimmer PVA I run it randomly across the bottom of the panel were the grass was printed and sprinkled with flower soft which I think looks great!


Finally I used the glossy accents to highlight the hearts, the teddies cheeks and feet and the girls shoes.

A super card for any occasion and any age group!

Hope you enjoyed today's offering!!

Till the next time....

x

No comments:

Post a Comment