Saturday 22 October 2011

For DADDY

This card was purchased from Crafts You Print

Its a bit of an odd one really as the text reads

To my fantastic Daddy
with lots of love and cuddles

But never mind - I just liked the sheet as it had OWLS on it


So I used an 8"x8" card blank - mounted the base layer to the right hand side of the card and wrapped a length of Hunter Green organza ribbon around the spine and tied a neat knot

By the way the ribbon is from http://www.joannasheen.com/ and a real bargain at around £1.30 a spool in loads of fab colours and widths too - be sure to have a good look around....

Back to the card - my next step was to add some beautiful border peel offs to the edge of the base layer - I used glittered ones for a great sparkly effect

As I had a space above the image I simply added a row of card candi in blue and green taht matched colours on the sheet itself

Last thing I decided to do was add pearls as eyes to both owls

Have to say I am so pleased with the finished card!!!
And your thoughts now please.....

No comments:

Post a Comment