Sunday 2 October 2011

1st REAL Card!

I really wanted to share this beautiful card with you all

It was made by my beautiful grandson Layton aged 3yrs 6months


He was sent lots of yummy pressies from one of grandmas friends so I suggested to Layton he may want to make Sheila a card

He was offered a few ideas but wanted to stamp and chose the stamp himself - the ONLY assistance he had from me was to ensure the card was the right way up and I inked up the stamp

I was truly amazed as he stamped the image and then ever so carefully used my Promarkers to add colour to the image

Then he drew in the border lines again with Promarkers

He rummaged through my peel off bits which are there for his use anyway and the hearts, flowers and butterflies were added

The card candy were just odd ones that were on my work space so he added a sticky pad as hes seen me do time and time again then placed them carefully on the card.

He asked to use my glitter so we went for a safe option and he had full access to my Stickles collection - again he amazed me when he simply added dots of glittery colour to the design

I gave him the peel off sentiment and he carefully positioned it and smoothed into place....as there wasn't any ribbon on the card I asked if he would like a bow so he toddled off to find my stash of ready made bows and chose the blue one....

I really wish I had set the video to record him making this card as he really thought through what he was doing - and it was obvious he takes in everything I do as he even used a prit stick on the card candy after peeling the back of the pads - just like grandma does!!!

So what do you think to this little masterpiece I wonder? I know that Sheila received it and said it has pride of place....

And here is my precious grandson Layton....proudly taking a photo of his card - again something he sees me do with every card I make!!!



2 comments:

  1. Oh Layton you are so clever well I think your wonderfull gigle gigle gigle love ya lots XXXX

    ReplyDelete