Wednesday 4 February 2015

Vase Of Flowers


Good evening

Well don’t know about where you live but it has been bitter here for the last few days but I think today has been the coldest day so far...glad I haven’t to go out again today.

I made this card a few days ago; it was using a cutting file I purchased from Forever Memories by Tina Fitch.

I cut it on the Silhouette Cameo; I should have changed the settings as I was using a light weight card and had it set for heavier card stock which is why I have tatty bits all over – but it was practice and a lesson learned – always check the cutting settings!


So I cut the card base from smooth bright white 300gsm card then because the file was set out for A4 card I was able to cut the base layer in light lilac mottled card, then the next layer was cut from cream with light pink speckles and the top layer was in the same as the base layer.


The flowers were cut in the same colours and layers as the card itself, I gently teased all the petals and stuck a pink glittery gem in the flower centres.

It really was that easy!!

Sorry this a quickie but it’s so cold here in my craft room, I do have central heating but because the radiator is along the window wall I have my work space and desk for my die cutting machines along the wall so with the radiator on it was warping the kits and papers I have along that wall so its permanently turned off and I have a little oil filled radiator that soon warms the room but I am too lazy to get it out of the bedroom, mainly because its piled high with clothes...so it’s all my own fault, still its toasty warm in the living room which is where I am heading off to!

Stay warm folks and I’ll be back here again tomorrow
Hugs
Angie
x

No comments:

Post a Comment