Tuesday 24 February 2015

Hard Card To Make


Hello

Today is a card we all dread having to make, a sympathy card.

If I had more time I would have had a good look through all my files and folders as I have collected quite a few now, but I needed to get one made and posted so used a lovely cd by Kraftyhands called In Sympathy


The cd offers card making sets, 2 part toppers, tag toppers, backing papers and verse gallery.


I chose the card making set, this was sheet 1 & 2 if you like it.
The set is to fit a square card, I believe it’s 5.5x5.5 but its a gatefold design so to start I use an unfolded sheet of card. I tend to stick the main part in the centre of the card, then I score either side of it, then stick the inside gatefold fold sheets in place.

I bend both sides towards the centre to make sure I don’t end up with a gap.
Next I add the side pieces first, they are a good fit so no measuring is needed. Now I am on to the topper, to start with I stuck it to a piece of card for support then I cut it out and added strong double sided tape to the left half only and stuck it centrally to my card front




And that is the card finished.
As I said it’s not the nicest card to have to make but I like this cd because it’s not the normal cross or lilies, and the inside panel has a lovely verse incorporated into the design.

See you again tomorrow
Hugs
Angie
x

2 comments:

  1. Its a lovely card in its own right Angie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Angie it is lovely, and i could use 3 this month, so sad - as you say its not one that we often make, and i guess we should have some in store. Luv Jax x

    ReplyDelete