Sunday 8 February 2015

Corsetts your birthday


Hi

Today I have a lovely card, in my favourite colours too, shades of browns and cream
It was a kit simply called Corsett 6x6 card kit by Paper Creator, I bought it after browsing the kits for sale on my favourite site www.printable-craftshop.com

If you click on this link it will take you straight over to the Paper Creator Buy One Get One Free section, what a great saving that is – I got carried away adding kits to my basket but what a nice surprise to see the – and half my money knocked off, just as well as I saw many more kits I know I need!!!!

The kit has 5 sheets in all, 2 make up the matching envelope and then we have base card, papers and sentiment sheet and the insert.


I used a 6x6 card and simply matted the beige layer to the card blank using double sided tape, net was the cream with black spots paper which went on top and again used double sided tape.

The kit had the burgundy panel with faded images and a beige coloured panel with large spots on, so I stuck the beige panel down first toward the right hand side then stuck the burgundy panel over it and towards the left.

The main image was printed onto spotty paper so I trimmed it a little then stuck it over the top 2 panels again with double sided tape.

I decided to use just 2 layers of decoupage even though the kit was very generous and gave 4 layers in all...so I cut my chosen layers and attached to the card using sticky pads.

Sentiments were again plentiful and lovely they were too – I opted for Just because which I stuck at the top left of the card and It’s your Birthday was stuck under the main image.

I added a length of fab new ribbon I bought; it’s a twill ribbon in natural with dark brown dots.

As much as I love this card it sadly is destined to the waste bin....I was shocked and upset to see how I had failed to line the layers up correctly, and as the base is spots it stands out a whole lot more than if it had been plain paper...
Never mind, I will be sure to give my card making 110% concentration next time, every time, because the card needs to be perfect as as near as I can get it, sadly this is too far off to be useable

I decided I would still share it for a couple of reasons - I want to promote Adele and her website as much as I possibly can, not forgetting the talented designers and also to show that everyone can make a mess of their cards, good job you don’t get to see my waste bin some days lol

Have a pleasant evening and see you again soon
Hugs
Angie
x

2 comments: