Monday 24 June 2013

Snuggle Little Fairy

Hi
Today I am sharing a card I made from a cd by Creative Crafting which was previously known as Cupcake Crafting.
Its called At the bottom of the garden
Have to say the artwork is lovely and as you can imagine the designs are mostly fairy based.
So when you select the design you get lots of options like toppers, decoupage, digi stamps etc or as I chose this time a plate design
I simply printed off the 2 sheets and stuck one sheet to white card using Crafters Companion Stick & Stay then started cutting it all out
When I came to the back plate I realised my error – it had printed with ADD YOUR OWN TEXT HERE
Had I looked it this properly before printing out and before sticking it to card and before cutting out all the small bits I could have removed that text and either added something that would be printed on or just print the blank and stamps something
So I had to improvise – I traced the star shape and transferred the shape to white card, cut it out, stamped All Girls Are Princesses and a crown using stamps by Debbi Moore, then stuck the panel over the original – sorted!!!
All the decoupage was lightly shaped and added to the design.
The stand was perfect – I will use that in future for my bookatrix type cards – it doesn't matter that it is patterned because I can cover it up or just draw round it onto my chosen card.
This is such an easy card to make – only downside I can see is the excessive amount of flowers and leaves – I left 6 flowers and 4 leaves on the sheet as I already had more than I had space for.
And on a positive side it folds flat for posting – I used very thin sticky pads so if this was put into an A5 sized envelope it would go on a normal stamp!
Would love to know what you think to the card!!!
For the to use or to sell box
See you next time
x

8 comments:

  1. Very pretty Angie, lovely colours and I like the plate design - it makes a nice change.
    Thank you for joining us at CD Sunday this week.
    Jocelyn x
    CD Sunday DT

    ReplyDelete
  2. How clever to use a Star card for our S is for.............challenge. The card is is stunner, beautiful images. We all can make mistakes, it is now called a learning curve or a 'Happy Accident' LOL Thanks for sharing with us at CD Sunday Challenges. Caz

    ReplyDelete
  3. OOOHHH Angie that fairy is adorable. She looks so comfy snuggled up on her flower bed. A great take on the challenge. A card fit for a Princess.
    Thank you for joining in the challenge at CD Sunday.


    Wynn xx
    Guest DT

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is a beautiful card Angie, so good to see how you rescued your original design. Thanks for joining us at CD Sunday this week.
    Christine xx
    CD Sunday DT

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful card, thanks for sharing it with us at CD Sunday.
    Jenny x
    CD Sunday DT

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a lovely card design and a beautiful image too. Great rescue - and I love the stand.
    Thank you for joining us again this week.
    Beryl xx
    CD Sunday DT

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a pretty and unusual design. Nice to see something different. Thank you for joining in with us at CD Sunday.
    Carol x
    CD Sunday DT

    ReplyDelete
  8. A beautiful card, I have this CD but must admit I've not used it yet. Thanks for joining in at CD sunday this week.

    Sue T x
    CD Sunday DT

    ReplyDelete