Thursday 6 June 2013

Liverpool

Hello again
This is another of the cards I made to help my lovely friend Beth out when she was bogged down with card orders
She was asked to do 2 Liverpool cards for a 10yr old, I had already found some images and made a topper and some papers for Beth thinking she had just the one card to do so when she asked would I like to make the 2nd Liverpool one I set about finding another suitable image
I made a pyramid topper and a couple of different backing papers using PSP
After sitting and looking at what I had I decided to do a centre stepper card
Thank goodness for Hougie – it certainly makes light work of stepper cards of all styles.
Once I have the centre stepper cut out, scored and folded in bright red card I trimmed off one of the backing papers and covered the sides, front and centre step leaving just a narrow border.
The pyramid was cut out and matted onto gold card – the layers were built up using sticky pads.
Once the topper was finished it was attached to the back centre step with double sided tape
Using the large alphabet stamps from www.dimensionstamps.co.uk I stamped with black ink onto another of the home made backing papers, I spelt out the name, cut out the letters then proceeded to triple emboss each letter – to do that I covered the letter with Versamark and then sprinkled with UTEE (Ultra thick embossing enamel) and heated it up from underneath – then repeated it 3 times on each letter to give a lovely glassy look.
The letters were then attached to the bottom front of the card using string sticky pads.
I used the number stamps again from Dimension Stamps but this time I used versamark ink stamped onto gold magic foil, covered with clear embossing powder and heated it up. Once cool I cut out the number 10 and this was stuck onto the middle step with sticky pads.
Peel off borders were used around the edges of the backing paper then Happy Birthday and Son peel offs to finish.
I printed a suitable verse onto white paper then coloured with distress inks and brushes to give a mottled effect!
I believe the card was ideal and the 10 year old loved it!
I have to say I quite enjoyed making it too!!
See you tomorrow
x

1 comment:

  1. What a great card Angie. I've not done triple embossing before it looks very effective. I'm doing a 'playing' workshop with my crafter ladies soon think I'll give this a go....something different. Thanks for sharing.

    Hugs W x

    ReplyDelete