Tuesday 18 June 2013

Glittered Slipper

Hi there
Sorry I wasn't around yesterday – I had the card pictures cropped and resized and just forgot!
But no worries, I have it here for you today
Its another stamped card – I made this for one of the lovely ladies at the new card class as it was her birthday today
The stamp I used was from www.chloescreativecards.co.uk
and was simply the basic shoe stamp
To look at the stamp it doesn't appear to have a lot going for it – but add some bling and get the WOW factor..
For this card I used a white fancy edged 8x8 card blank then coloured the edges with a Tim Holtz distress ink pad
I had a pad of textured card stock in 8x8 with a large scalloped edge in dusty pink so used a Crafters Companion 8x8 embossing folder then gently rubbed the embossed surface to give an aged look.
Next I used a sheet of the same textured card stock in black, put it through the Grand Calibur with a lovely ornate square die then it went through the embossing folder and again had a light sanding over.
And then I used a die 2 sizes small and die cut the shape from the same dusty pink card, embossed and sanded it
The layers were all stuck to the card front with Pinflare gel.
I used a smaller version of dies to cut a square in silver and one in white, I left the die is place on the white and used Victorian Velvet distress ink pad to colour the card almost to the centre
I used a simple birthday stamp again from Chloe's Stamps to stamp on the white edged die cut shape then matted it to the silver and finally stuck that to the top right corner.
The shoe was stamped twice onto white card, I used a versamark ink pad and black embossing powder just on the heel and the sole, I embossed them 3 times in all to get a good shine – then used Pinflare gel to hold them in place on the full stamped shoe which had been cut out.
Next I used cosmic shimmer PVA glue and lathered it onto the outside of the shoe design then covered with Stampendous silver halo mix glitter and left it for an hour to dry before tapping off the excess.
The shoe was put in place with Pinflare gel and a small purple glittered flower was placed on the top of the shoe to finish it off.
I tied a neat bow and added that to the top left hand corner with a sticky pad then used 4 pretty clear AB flat back gems to add to the corners of the sentiment panel.
So then – what do you think to this card? Its pretty and girly isnt it?
Hope the lady I sent it to liked it as much as I do!
See you next time
x

1 comment: