Friday 7 June 2013

friendship owls

Hello again
Today the card I'm showing is one I made a couple of weeks ago for the lovely Beth and her hubby Mike
They have been so good to us despite us only knowing each other a few months
When we were pacing for the move they offered to help – and then when we were bringing bags and boxes to the bungalow almost daily they both drove their cars and helped us so it was a 3 car load instead of just the one
And NEVER did they take a penny from us – whether it be for fuel or bridge fees
And since then our friendship has grown stronger and stronger, we go out for lunch or dinner almost weekly and Beth & I spend a lot of time chatting either on facebook or the phone
So when I saw this fab owl thank you sheet I decided it was for them
The sheet was a free sheet in with a magazine and was from craftsuprint
Making the card was easy as it really was just a case of cut up the sheet – this is a long or is it large DL, so I used a lovely dark blue shimmer card, then added a piece of lovely patterned gold mirri card, at the right hand side I punched the corners using a Martha Stewart bird punch, then wrapped a length of narrow brown gingham ribbon around and tied a bow
That gold panel was stuck to the main card with double sided tape.
To decorate the card I added clear AB gems to the flowers, glossy accents to the eyes and when that was dry I sprayed the card front with Crafters Companion iridescent glitter spray
I added a beautiful verse to the insert which was all to do with friendships and thank you's
All in all the card was cute when finished and I know Beth and Mike loved it too!
See you again soon
x

2 comments:

  1. A perfect thank you card Angie. Very sylish. I love the colours especially the bronze corners. Is that a die cut or part of the card design?

    Hugs Wynn x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely card, Angie. Beautiful colours and cute image. xx

    ReplyDelete