Sunday 3 July 2011

On Safari

As the weather is hot hot hot I thought I would do a card on the same theme!!!

This card features Safari Bear.... and the 3d decoupage sheet, the addition animals, sentiment and border were all from Debbi Moore's STITCH BEAR ON SAFARI - the animal foot print backing paper was from Cupcakes A Walk on the Wild Side - it was already printed and left over from a previous project so made sense to use it now.

To start the card I used an A4 sheet of moss green card stock and folded to create the A5 card blank then after cutting the animal print backing paper to fit leaving a narrow border all round I stuck it to the card using double sided tape.

I chose a border from one of the elements sheets on the cd - matted it onto dark brown card stock and stuck down the left side of the card with DST.

On the same element sheet were a selection of safari animals so I chose the giraffe, a cartoon type elephant and a snake curled around a branch - so I cut them all out ready for the next step.

The giraffe was attached to the top right hand corner of the card and the sentiment top left to the giraffe.

I had already made up the 3d decoupage and highlighted the binoculars, inside ears and car headlights with glossy accents for super smooth shine. The enamel accents in black was used on the nose, button and pocket flap as this gives dimension as well as shine....

So now the topper was dry it was ready to be positioned - as I had the giraffe at the top and wanted him looking down at the bear I placed the topper close to the bottom of the card leaving an equal border around the topper

Next the elephant was added to the bottom left of the card, it was placed over the border, card and topper taking care no to cover any of the cheeky lion under the car....

The curled snake yelled out to be on the bounce - so I cut a very narrow piece of acetate and attached one end to the rear of the snake and the other end went on the reverse of the card front so it will be covered when the insert is added

If you blow or move the card the snake happily bounces around making a great finishing touch to a great card

Hope you liked this card and the way I made it.....

2 comments:

  1. Lovely colourful card Angie. Liz xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fun card. Love all the animals popping up all around the card.

    ReplyDelete