Wednesday 20 July 2011

A Card For A Crafter!

I am sure you will want to have a try at making one of these cards once you see just how easy they are to make

In reality this card is a Top Slot design by the talented Sandie Burchall on www.craftsuprint.com  the kit number is 180900_425

I am not a fan of the shelf cards or these top slots as they need you to do back to back panels which never seem to line up true - so when a friend JAE made a card using the main panel as a topper I quickly followed her lead...with great results every time.

To make this card I printed the whole kit and then cut out the sheet that had the rectangle panel at the top and space to add the tags at the bottom.

I cut out the 3 tags and all the decoupage as well as the sentiment panel and the Especially For You sentiment.

I attached the base image to a piece of black paper leaving a narrow border the chose a textured purple light weight card stock and punched one of the short edges using a Martha Stewart Vintage Lace border punch, the main image was then sat on top and I marked where the sheet needed to be cut - approx 1.5cm above the black border.

Once I had cut the purple sheet of card down I punched this to match - or closely match the bottom punched border, then attached the panel with double sided tape.

I used 2 A4 sheets of white card stock, I attached the who panel to one piece of card then scored across the top, folded over and chopped the excess off, I kept about 2cm or 3cms which I punched rather than leaving straight.

The 2nd piece of white card was attached by using DST on the folded section over then chopping the excess card from the bottom.

Now the fun bit - decorating!!!

I used pearls to edge the whole rectangle panel which was attached on foam pads, then added the sentiment panel again on foam pads and finally the sentiment on foam pads too!!!

The 3 tags panel  was attached to the lower section of card using foam pads then I used large pink pearls on the joins and also the corners of the rectangle panel.

I spent a long time completing the card as I believe detail does matter - so I tied the tinest bow from lilac organza ribbon and attached it above the printed paper ribbon, used clear gems to signify the punched holes in the gem packets and the one pack of gems were done by adding around 25 x 1mm pink gemstones and the next gem pack contains almost 50 x 0.5mm dark blue gemstones

The last of the work was to use crackle accents - this is like glossy accents but when its dry it looks cracked - I added this to the craft knife and scissors to give a realistic effect!

I hope you have enjoyed reading how to make this card as much as I enjoyed making and sharing with you

All comments greatly appreciated

Thanks



1 comment:

  1. What a beautifully detailed card Angie. So many lovely little touches. Such patience!!! Liz x

    ReplyDelete