Monday 29 July 2013

Side Fold Pansies

Hello again
Today's card is another that we have done in the class recently
Not too sure of the name of the kit – nor who designed it but its very pretty
I have called it side fold pansies which I think could be the correct name
Anyway to make this card I roughly cut out the main sheet then sprayed the back with Crafters Companion Stick & Stay and secured the sheet to purple card
The score lines were creased then the 2nd piece was stuck so it was back to back
I then carefully cut out the card shape
Occasionally I found the side I had facing me was cut correctly but when I looked at the reverse it still had white showing so I had to keep on chipping away at it until eventually I had the design front and back the same.
I then cut out the sentiment and attached it to the blank plate with sticky pads
The pretty ornate designs were cut out and again using sticky pads they were attached to the edge of the card
The oval pyramage was cut out and stuck to the inside of the ornate designs.
I added a sentiment to the insert prior to printing the mini kit and although the photo is blurred it looked lovely
All that remained was to decorate the card – I added several strands of assorted fibres to the spine as in the odd place the paper had cracked when scored and the fibres hide it a little
Although you cant see in the photos – mainly because I decorated after the photos were taken, I added a touch of glitter to the flowers to set them off.
I also used gems in places and glossy accents
Shame I didn't take a photo of the finished card – that is when it was embellished.
Never mind
I know the explanation is pretty short with this card but there really wasn't a great deal to the kit
Having said all of that – I do hope you like the card
See you again soon
x

1 comment: