Monday 8 July 2013

Lily Fold Back

Evening all
This card is one we made in class last week and it went down really well
Its a kit from craftsuprint and was made by Julie Hutchings – I love her work as she features dresses and they are all stunning!
So the kit contains 2 sheets of printing, one is the main sheet and one is all the decoupage
I started by trimming the edges from the main sheet and spraying the back with Stick and Stay by Crafters Companion, then secured this to dark purple card stock and folded along the 2 score lines.
The lady was easy decoupage while the lilies were very tricky and time consuming to cut out.
It was all cut out, to avoid messing up the lady I added the sticky pads to the main image – remember it only needed to be stuck half way on the card base...once I'd placed the 1st layer of decoupage in place I went back to putting the sticky pads on the reverse of the decoupage elements
The lilies were tricky to cut out just looking at them so I covered the back with normal cellotape which helps stop pieces falling off when cutting tiny or thin pieces
Once this was all cut out it was attached to the with tiny sticky pads.
Only the butterflies remained – it was boring cutting them out as I think there were around 10 in all – but once cut out I used a quickie glue pen to highlight all the wings then dipped the butterfly into glamour dust and attached on top of the base butterflies – I just used a few blobs of pva to hold the body to the base which left the wings able to pop open.
A sentiment was added to the card using sticky pads.
Such a pretty card and the colours go together so well!
I love this card – do you?
Its gone to the sell or use box with the many many more I have made!!!
See you tomorrow folks
x

No comments:

Post a Comment