Sunday 21 July 2013

Sea of Daffodils

Evening all
My best friend Beth has spent the whole of today here with Layton and me and it was craft craft craft!!!
We have had a great day and got lots of yummy cards made up – they are all glittered and gemmed but still need our finishing touch and hopefully new trademark!!
Anyway to the card for today....
Its a kit again I'm afraid, my creativity is in hiding just now I think so I'm sticking with straight forward kits
This is a kit by Sandie Burchall – again!! Its called The Joys Of Spring
Have to say its a lovely scene and you cant help but smile at the beautiful scenery.
So I printed at full size, cut out the card front and also the insert plate as they are called
I used a sheet of A3 brown card to make my 8x8 card blank, then stuck the card front down with double sided tape.
There wasn't a lot of cutting to be done on this kit – I didn't bother with the leaves as they were too flimsy but the daffodils were carefully cut out, slightly shaped then had small sticky pads added to them and they were put in place.
I cut the butterflies out and before sticking to the card I used a Sakura Quickie Glue Pen to highlight the edges of the wings then after leaving to dry for a few minutes I used the glue pen to add glue along the body then stuck in place and opened the wings up.
I chose my sentiment then rubbed it over with a versamark ink pad, covered with clear embossing powder then repeat another two times to give a good shine
I popped a few sticky pads on the back then pressed in place with my fingertips around the edge of the circle to crack slightly which gave age to the disk too
The insert plate was printed before printing so I just trimmed it to size and using double sided tape secured it to the right hand side of the card inside.
And that's my lovely summery card all finished!
This was actually then used for a card order and we went on to make it in the Thursday class – it was well received by everyone who made it!
Ok so fingers crossed I've better organised my time so I can get back to posting daily...
See you tomorrow
xx

No comments:

Post a Comment