Thursday 15 September 2011

Fast Cars

I thought you might like to see this relatively plain and simple card

I was asked - short notice - to make a card for a 39th wedding anniversary

The guy who was to receive the card has interest in just 2 things....

FAST CARS or MOTORBIKES

So she wanted either of those but with the sloppiest verse going....

So after hours of searching I came across a sheet that I have bought from www.craftsuprint.com many many months ago


This is the finished card - the only thing that in my opinion made it special was the personalised tag which I did in Picasa

So to make my card I used a sheet of navy blue card stock, folded to make an A5 card blank - I added a piece of silver mirri card which left a narrow border of the card blank.

The base image was centralised onto the silver mirri board then I added the easy to cut out decoupage layers and built them using double sided sticky pads

The printed sentiment was then matted onto a piece of silver mirri card then mounted on pads at the top right of the card.

To finish I used glossy accents on the lights, the bumper lights and the needle on the speedo .

Black enamel accents were used to dot the centre of the wheels and the card was put to a side to dry!

This is the verse I added to finish the card!!!

As each anniversary comes around
it amazes me to say
I didn't think it possible, but
I love you more each passing day!
On that date 39 years ago
I married my soul mate
Which is why I'm always delighted
to celebrate this date!
Of course you have your little irritations
and I'm sure I have a few
No-one is perfect
but for me, you'll definitely do!
Life has had its ups and downs
we have had our share
But as always we will face them
together as a pair!
So on this special day
the day we made our vows
I promise you my darling
from me you'll face no rows!
On the contrary
you'll face only my love...
Happy Anniversary




No comments:

Post a Comment