Monday 5 September 2011

When Santa Got Stuck Up The Chimney

I tugged the bottle to get him out!!

Not quite how the song goes but certainly what happens with this card!!!

The sheet was purchased from www.craftsuprint.com and was another lovely movable sheet from Janet Briggs of www.toptoppershow.co.uk fame


So to make this wonderful and amusing card I used a sheet of shiny black A4 card which I folded to create the A5 card blank.

I cut out all the decoupage and followed the instructions on the sheet - they are straightforward but have to be followed or silly mistakes will be made - I know - I have made them in the past!!!

I cut away the fireplace which on the sheet is white to start me off

Then I added foam pads to the strip which had the roaring fire on it - again its all explained in the instructions - this is then attached to the base layer (fireplace) using just one strip of double sided tape!

Once that was lined up I removed the cover tape on the foam pads and attached to the back of the fireplace

The Santa tucked in over the padded side of the fireplace between the sticky pads and the double sided tape was a gap which enabled the Santa o move up and down.

With all the mechanics now in place it was a simple task of building the decoupage up

There is some tricky cutting on this sheet but worth that extra effort I think....

Once I had all my decoupage attached I placed it on my card blank using sticky pads

Below the image I simply used 3 scraps of red and green mirri card and overlapped then popped a circular sentiment on top which I had sprayed with Crafters Companion Iridescent Glitter spray before attaching

A red and a green star design card candy were added to each corner.

Now its time to decorate the card - so I used a quickie glue pen and glamour dust to highlight the hearts on the stockings as well as the garland and items on the mantle piece

Glossy accents were added to the plate, the bottle and the glass as well as the heals, toes and stocking tops

Red stickles glitter glue gives the candles a lovely glow and the 1mm tiniest red gems represent berries on the garland!


Pull on the bottle to see Santa come down the chimney....

A great card for any one - any age!!!

Thanks for looking again - please feel free to comment

1 comment: