Monday 8 October 2012

A Beatrix Easel Card


Hiya

Ok then today I will be sharing the card I made from the 2 shaped toppers that were left on the sheet

Have to be honest here and say that I didn't rate my chances of coming up with anything looking at the toppers – they were long but narrow.

But I did it...

The printed sheet was taken from a Crafters Companion CD Rom called Beatrix Potter Everyday & Winter

I have used 3 different backing papers that were actually taken from a Kanban CD Rom called Kanban Stamped Backgrounds – why it has such a title I don't know as it is the most beautiful backing papers - now I have seen it I know it will get a whole lot of use as the papers come in lots of colour ways and styles so ideal for all occasions.


So materials for this card I used ….

Heat mat to work on and protect your surface – I always use it...

White 7” x 5 scallop card blank & an A5 piece white card stock

Printed topper sheet

3 different backing papers

Oddments of dark blue card stock

Oddments of mirri card in silver and blue

PVA glue – I use Cosmic Shimmer

Glamour dust

Corner Chomper – any corner rounder will do.

2 Christmas tree punches

Snowflake punch

Silver cosmic shimmer

A red and a blue stickles

Light Blue and Silver metal magic

Versamark ink pad

Heat gun

Tidy tray & brush

Double sided tape

Sticky pads

Eazi Score Board & tool

Tonic 8” guillotine

Scissors

Tweezers

Shaping tool from www.dimensionstamps.com

Foam shaping mat – stamping mat or even a mouse mat

To make the card ...

I scored the scalloped card using the eazi score on line 4 which is A4 gate fold – this forms the basic easel card

I rounded the corners of the A5 piece of white card using the corner chomper then stuck this to the folded front of the easel card using double sided tape – I made sure I didn't add tape to far up or it would have shown behind the panel

I did the base first – using one of the backing papers I cut it to fit the base leaving a narrow border – then rounded the corners and stuck in place with double sided tape..

The blue mirri was cut to size with a wide border then rounded the corners and stuck in the centre of the base with double sided tape – the same was done with a small piece of the backing paper

Onto the image – I cut it out then stuck it to a piece of blue mirri card with double sided tape – cropped it and rounded the corners then added 2mm sticky pads to the back and put to a side for now...

Next it was crop the silver mirri card so it left an even border around the bottom layers – corners rounded and 2mm sticky pads added to the back – the backings were removed and the panel was stuck in place followed by the image panel

Because these 2 panels were on sticky pads they formed the perfect stopper for the easel card.

Onto the top of the card now

Backing paper was trimmed to size – corners rounded and stuck in place.

Using a scrap of dark blue card I cut a piece as wide as the card and around 5cms – corners were rounded and this was stuck across the centre of the card

The last scrap of silver mirri was just the right size to take the shaped topper but this panel was fixed in place over the dark blue strip with 1mm sticky pads.

Using a scrap of white card I tapped the versamark ink pad on it several times in the same place then covered with light blue metal magic and heated underneath till it melted the did the same using the silver metal magic.

I used the large tree punch to punch 2 trees from the blue and 2 from the silver metal magic then used the small tree punch and did 4 in silver and 4 in the light blue.

I added them all below the image on the top of the easel with tiny sticky pads.

The snowflake punch was used with blue mirri card to punch a dozen snowflakes – these were scattered across the top of the panel.

To decorate I use the glues and glamour dust to highlight the snowy areas on both panels

The silver cosmic shimmer was used to create the snowflake centres

And finaly the red and blue stickles were lightly dabbed across the christmas trees

And that concluded the 4 great cards from just 2 sheets of images!!!

Another fab card for you next time.

Hope to see you then....

x

1 comment: