Tuesday 7 August 2012

Smile....

Hi friends
Yesterday I shared the panda themed sheets and backing papers I had made so today I made a card using one of the sheets
I printed onto matt photo paper and as I had printed 2 different backing papers in a small size to make the atcs I had some of that left so just printed off a couple of the other sheets onto normal A4 copier paper which faded it perfectly for making my card
I cut out the pyramid pieces and built then up using large sticky pads
I put that to one side while I decided what I wanted to do
I had a rummage and gathered a few bits that I hoped to try using – one thing was a scalloped square frame from www.diannesdiecuts.co.uk
So I trimmed a backing paper using a deckle edge blade so it would fit onto the frame just leaving the scallops showing
I then matted that onto another piece of backing paper and then onto a piece of silver textured card that I used a shaped corner punch on
Next I took a card ribbon slide – it was originally white but I dabbed it with a versafine ink pad which covered it black
Taking a length of white with black spots ribbon it was slotted through the ribbon slide and then after cutting down a sheet of backing paper to cover the card front only leaving a narrow border I taped the ribbon ends behind the paper before sticking it to my matt black card blank!
The main image was now placed centrally on the matted and layered frame which was placed at the top of the card.
I punched a pink glittered butterfly from a small scrap of card and stuck just the bod to the bottom left corner of the frame using Cosmic Shimmer PVA glue.
A silver SMILE peel off was added to the ribbon slider together with 4 pointed clear AB gems – I also stuck 2 of the same gems to the body of the butterfly
To finish black flat back pearls were stuck in 3 corners of the image panel and then 3 up the bottom left corner.
I thought I would also add the atcs I made using the sheets but will just say the photos are pretty poor I'm afraid – sorry!
Ok friends see you next time
x

No comments:

Post a Comment