Tuesday 8 May 2012

Time Of Your Life!


Hi

Another card made using some stamps I bought at the weekend....

This time the stamps were from http://www.designsbytabbykat.com/ and fantastic value for money – I paid just £6.00 for a sheet with 10 stamps – that was 1 large stamp as used in the card, a car, compass, stop watch and lots of useful sentiments


To the card then,... I stamped the main image onto smooth white card, trimmed it close to the edge of the design and then coloured using my wonderful new PanPastels – I used pale green to cream to yellow to pale blue....they are so nice to use!


Then I used a small cotton wool bud and coloured the car with a pink but as with Pro Markers, the more you go over a colour the darker it becomes...I used a Senna mixed with white to lighten up the car interior and the tyres of the car were done with mica powders.

I then cut a piece of black card to mat the image on – leaving a very narrow border – then silver and black again!

This was fixed to a dark red A5 card blank.


I used the TabbyKat cd of backing papers to print the border which I matted onto a piece of silver then black and fixed across the card.


Next I stamped the fob watch onto a scrap of card and coloured using a couple of PanPastels, matted to silver then black and added to the border strip with sticky pads.


I stamped a sentiment using versamark then covered with white embossing powder and heated up.


To finish I added glossy accents to the car tyres and windscreen, the face of the fob watch of the main image and the spikes of the compass

Added spiked black AB gems to the centre of the compass and fob watch and 4 dots of Cosmic Shimmer Bronze PVA glue to the corners of the fob watch panel!

A simple card to make but great for men of any age I think!

x

No comments:

Post a Comment