Friday 24 June 2011

With Sympathy

Hello again - nice to see you!!

Today I had to make one of the cards we all dread having to make and send - but like them or not, when that time comes its nice to know we have the perfect sheet or completed card to send...



The card was made using a sheet bought from Crafts You Print - the number of the sheet is 207263-758 - this is pyramid sheet rather than 3d decoupage

So to make this card I used an A4 sheet of moss green card stock, folded to create an A5 card

The image when cut out almost fills the A5 card blank, so I simple used double sided tape to stick the main panel centrally on the blank, then used a gold wavy fine line border peel off to edge all around the image.

The decoupage was easy to cut out so ideal for new or experienced crafters alike - just 4 tear drop shaped pieces

I used large but thin sticky pads - and rubbed a pritt stick across the pads so I could move the layer around until I was happy it was correctly lined up, then smoothed into place.

Once I had lined up and secured all 4 layers I used a sakura quickie glue pen and highlighted just the flower centres then sprinkled on irredescent glamour dust.

I searched the internet and found this beautiful verse which I printed onto a pale green vellum and added inside!

Those who mean the most to us
Are never really gone
For in our thoughts and in our hearts
Their memory still lives on
So may you find that passing time
Can somehow help to heal
Your treasured memories will ease your loss
And sorrow that you feel

2 comments: