Saturday 25 June 2011

Snowman Cuddles

This was made in my attempt to get started earlier on my christmas cards - bet we all leave it till last minute then panic as time flies by!!!

As soon as this cd arrived I printed the decoupage sheets and set to work - the cd is
Crafters Companion - The Snowman



To make this card I printed the snowman and boy having a hug, matted the base layer onto a piece of silver mirri card leaving a narrow border all round.

I added each layer of decoupage as I cut it out and shaped it, this time I shaped using the blade of my scissors, then attached using pinflair silicone glue

I set aside my completed topper to dry and started work on the card itself....

A sheet of A4 lilac cardstock was folded in half to create an A5 card blank, then I scored the front piece 4cms from left edge to 10 cms up from bottom right edge and folded back on itself.

I had some left over 8x8 christmas backing paper  so I cut it down to A5 size, sliced off the top corrner which was folded over and used that for the inside back, I trimmed the backing to leave a border all round.

Holographic straight line peel offs were added all around the paper and the fold down flap - take care to mitre the corners if its needed as it really does make a difference.

I have a scrap of mid blue ric rac so attached it to the fold on the fold back to break the bareness and also contrast with the shades used inthe cardstock, backing paper and the image.

The topper was next added to the card - it wasnt centralised so I had enough space to stamp a greeting using lilac momento ink to which I sprinkled glamour dust while it was wet!

To finish the card I added 3 dark blue patterned card candi studs with a tint double sided pad to the top right corner and self adhesive gemstones to the 4 corners of the topper.

And the last job was to spray the entire card with Crafters Companion Irredescent Glitter Spray!!!

So thats my start on my christmas cards!

1 comment: