Friday 9 May 2014

Ribbon, Lace & Gems


Hello again
Well I am still far from sharing daily but I think it’s getting better don’t you agree?
Today I am sharing a book type card that I want to enter into the CD Sunday challenge blog under the theme Ribbon, Lace & gems.
To start the card I used 2 A5 card blanks and stuck them together to form the book card.
I used Sharon Duncan Embossilibilty Elegant to print off 5 different backing papers and then Kanban Seasons to print 2 sheets which were used for verses.
The other cd I used was Katy Sue Fabulous Fashion and I printed the Hat decoupage, the Dress decoupage and then the hat & dress decoupage together
I started the book by adding a different embossed paper to the front, opened the book and a sheet to the 3 inside pieces and then once the right hand flap was closed I put the last paper onto there,

I made up the 3 decoupage sheets and added the hat & dress topper to the centre panel, then the hat decoupage to the left and the dress decoupage to the left.

Then I printed my 2 favourite verses onto my 2 Kanban papers in brown ink, I trimmed them down and when I was happy with the size I used a Martha Stewart decorative border punch down both long sides, which left the pretty printed design showing along the top and bottom.

Both pieces were then stuck to the card, the main verse to the card front then as the card is opened it shows the back of the right hand side and that was where the 2nd verse was placed.

The theme of the challenge was ribbon, lace and gems so on the front of the card I used a lovely big bow in one corner and a beautiful and delicate lace butterfly in the bottom left corner.
Opening the book to the other verse I placed another of the lace butterflies to the top left of the card.

And that left the gems so I used some unusual pink epoxy glittered blobs don’t really know how to describe them sorry anyway they went in the corners of the centre page and I popped one on the hat too

Along the same lines I had a bigger red epoxy blob that I popped onto the decorative band of the hat.
Lastly I used some 7mm clear AB gems in the shaped corners of the 2 decoupage panels to finish.

I have only just finished the card so the verse sheets are still in the drying stage as I use Cosmic Shimmer glues to hold them so the photo shows the glue lines I know it will dry perfectly!!!
As yet I haven’t decided how I will fasten the card but will most likely wrap a wide organza ribbon around it with a lovely floppy bow at the front...
I hope you like my book card I have so enjoyed making it, and will get lots of pleasure when I send it out
See you again soon...
Hugs
Angie
x

10 comments:

  1. Gorgeous project Angie. I love it. The pink sparkly epoxy blob you have used is a Dazzler. I love using them and have bought quite a few in different colours and sizes.
    Thank you for joining in with us at CD Sunday.
    Carol xx
    CD Sunday DT

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the verses you have chosen Angie. I am sure the recipient will appreciate all the effort you have taken to create this card. Thank you for sharing it with us at CD Sunday this week. Hugs Wynn DT xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Another gorgeous creation from you Angie, I love your verses and the images are beautiful.
    Thanks for joining us at CD Sunday this week.
    Christine xx
    CD Sunday DT

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a wonderful project and such a lot of work. Thank you for sharing with us this week.
    Jocelyn x
    CD Sunday DT

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a fabulous project Angie and those verses are fabulous! I'm sure that whoever is the lucky recipient will absolutely love it xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is a fabulous card you have used lovely backing papers well ans decoupage with a wonderful theme bringing old and modern together so well. I would be delighted to receive this card well done it's amazing xx
    erica

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely card as ever Angie!!
    Mx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lovely card as ever Angie.
    Mx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Gorgeous card Angie love it xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great card, Angie. What a lot of work you have put into it. Well worth it when you see the result though. xx

    ReplyDelete