Monday 26 August 2013

Baby Girl Book

Hi
I made this baby card for a friend last week – and I was so pleased with it as I used the grand nesties bookatrix dies so it was done from scratch
I used adorable scorable card for the back 2 sheets and then printed 2 different papers for the next 2 sheets
Because I knit the mini jumpers and mini booties I decided to add them to the card as well as a lovely baby verse
Everything was going so well – the ribbon down the centre, the gems, the decorating...even the stand cutting out was very good for a change
I then printed a sheet of patterned paper and put it back through the printer so I could add a couple of verses to it ready to fix to the back of the biggest layer of the book
I positioned the 2nd largest die over the verses and used a couple of pieces of the Hunkydory low tack tape – its the pretty purple tape – to hold the die in place...and was gutted when I removed the tape and die, used collall photo glue on the back of the paper and place on the book...then saw dirty great marks where the tape had been!!
I tried to take the sheet off but it was damaging the card so I had to try plan B – at that time I didn't have a plan B lol
Luckily I had borrowed a sheet of pink baby themed peel offs from our class building so I stuck a couple of dummies, bottles and booties onto scraps of the paper and cut them out – these worked a treat – work all saved!!
As it was a big card I made up a box-a-lope, time ran away with me so it was left as a plain white whereas it would have looked so much nicer decorated – I need not have worried though because it was well received – in fact the lady cried at how special it had turned out!
x

2 comments:

  1. WOW! From janice

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Angela, I came across your Blog by accident but love the 'Baby Book'. Just wondered though...which Spellbinders dies are these as I haven't seen these anywhere? I have made books using the Glitter Girls boards but it would be so much easier with dies. Also can you recommend a pattern for the little knits as these are so cute. Beautiful Card!

    ReplyDelete