Wednesday 10 April 2013

Baby Weigh In

Hello my blogger friends
My step daughter is expecting her 3rd son in the next few weeks so I got ahead slightly and made the card so its now all ready to be posted!
The kit is from www.craftsuprint.com and was designed by Janet Briggs. I haven't a number but the sheet is named Baby Boy Bear Scales Decoupage Mini Kit
So materials for this card I used ….
Heat mat to work on and protect your surface – I always use it...
Mid Blue A4 card
Decoupage sheet with matching insert sheet
Chloe's stamp – lattice background
Silver glitter embossing powder
Versamark ink pad
Sticky pads
Eazi Score Board & tool
Tonic 8” guillotine
Scissors
Tweezers
Shaping tool from www.dimensionstamps.com
Foam shaping mat – stamping mat or even a mouse mat
To make the card …
I folded the mid blue card in half to make the card blank.
I inked up the rubber stamp with a Versamark (clear) ink pad then stamped the whole front of the card – this stamp is great for matching up to make a continuous background.
Next I covered the stamped area with WOW silver glitter embossing powder, tapped off the excess then heated.
The base image was cut from the sheet and stuck to the card front using double sided tape.
Next I cut out the decoupage elements and added those using sticky pads.
Once that was done I added the sentiment to the top left corner and then started on the inside
For that I folded and then trimmed to size a sheet of bright blue vellum, it was stuck in place with 2 small pieces of double sided tape.
The kit actually offered a pre printed verse on the insert so I simply trimmed and then stuck onto the blue vellum.
To finish the front I simply highlighted with glamour dust while other areas had glossy accents added!.
And that's the card completed.
Nothing fancy – but hey its the thought that counts so they say!!!
Catch you again tomorrow – same place folks
x

1 comment:

  1. fantastic card yet again Angie and she'll love it x

    ReplyDelete