Sunday 24 February 2013

Tag Swaps

Hello bloggers
What happened to Saturday?
Hubby & I went off to visit a few garden centres with Uluka (the Bengal Eagle Owl) in the hope of a few bookings
On the way out I popped to drop off birthday cards with Katie then on our way
Had a super few hours – we don't do gardening – in fact we got rid of all grass and soil last year and went with paving stones and gravel – but these days Garden Centres are places filled with anything and everything – some are like bigger versions of the pound shops with garden centre price tags where as others are a joy to view!!!
Its a well know fact these days that once I sit down if I have nothing in my hands – like knitting or sheets to cut out – I fall to sleep.
And that what I did in the car on the way home – got in around 4pm, had a coffee and soon fell back to sleep again...
Hubby woke me with our meal and no sooner had I finished than I dozed off again so in the end decided early bath – 7pm – sat down and felt myself nodding so went off to bed!
And that was it until I woke up around midnight – I had managed to miss 2 lots of meds so became restless and super quickly too...it was a case of take meds then wait for them to kick in – which they did around 5am – I was just so exhausted – fell to sleep and it was just before 10.30am when I woke up.
I hadn't thought about the blog until I came to sort out whet to share today – so apologises for sleeping through yesterday!

And so on to today's shared project – I had signed up for a stamped tag swap on a yahoo group Stampers UK and received 2 lovely tags a few days ago from Sandra – so today I decided to make mine for her
I started off with the Kraft Card which I chopped down to tag size.
The edges were inked with 3 different Tim Holtz distress inks – cant tell you which now as I have put everything away – sorry.
The theme I chose was haberdashery so I used stamps from Inkilicious, Indigo Blu, Debbi Moore and a little set that came free with a magazine
I stamped a tailors dummy on one using memento cocoa ink, then stamped a corset with versamark and covered with clear embossing powder onto magic foil – heated it and then cut it out and placed over the dummy with sticky pads
I stamped a few words of advertising – a tap measure along the bottom and another corset onto the tag – then using a scrap of spare kraft card stamped another corset and embossed with clear embossing powder, cut it out and stuck over the base corset.
The tape measure was stamped with brown ink onto white paper, cut out and folded here and there then stuck to the tag.
To finish this tag I added 3 tiny buttons, 2 gem set brads in different sizes and a heart brad in copper. A hole was punched and an eyelet used so the brown gingham ribbon could be slotted through. I rubbed a brown Docrafts Artiste ink pad along all the edges then dipped into gold glamour dust for a sparkly finish.
The other tag was very similar in colour but I stamped a sewing machine, scissors and rolled tape measure.
The I added one of the foiled corsets as in the 1st tag, a couple of buttons and brads to finish.
I keep looking at my efforts and have to say they look pretty naff compared to what I had sent to me – I thought about redoing them but in all honesty I think they will still end up similar.
Had I not had my swaps arrive yet I would have been happy to post mine off – its just seeing how much more talented at stamping my partner is compared to me
Oh well – we all have to start somewhere don't we?
See you again tomorrow then
x

No comments:

Post a Comment